Pat Hardie - Altered Art Studio

Adventures with artquilts, fibres, neckties and 2 very fine flatcoat retrievers - Gypsy & Reo

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

March 6

Sort of a ‘wait ‘n see’ day as we have not planned anything. Well except that Jacky & Kent (my sister & her husband) will pick us up at 1:00 to go for lunch.

Al needs a haircut, the car needs washing. And I need some thread to repair his cordoroy pants that were mysteriously ripped. Add that to the list of the trailer mishaps.

Off we go. Our first Walmart nets me a pair of cut-offs (capris, if you wish), some lip balm (they are soooooo happy now), but no thread. The car gets a wash! thank goodness. I have read that some Walmarts have eliminated their fabrics and this is one of them. No fabric = little to no thread. Finally we encounter a barber shop. And guess what? There is a Curves. In I go to inquire, as of course I have managed to leave my travel pass in my gym pag at home. No problem. A little fax here and a little fax there, and I’m set for tomorrow.

Back at the ranch (so to speak) and I decide that a little exercise is on order. The RV resort has a very large pool; I’ll do some lengths I think. This is a great opportunity to model my bright turquoise crocs which just happen to match my swim cover. Oooh lala!

I trot off to the outdoor pool via my sister’s camper to invite her to go with me. As it turns out she is off at her beading class. I should have known when the first gate to the pool has a padlock. But no I merrily proceed to the far gate and gain entrance. I disrobe, carefully place my unread copy of La Belle Armoire & towel on a lounger and proceed to dip my toe. OOOh La la! Ice cubes would be happy in this pool!! But I persist and suceed in immersing my body. Later I learn that there is an indoor swimming pool which I somehow have missed.

When I return to the camper, no one is there including the dogs. Al is obviously visiting with my brother-in-law. The camper is locked and of course I have no key. No matter. I settle into a collapsible chair, turn my face upwards and bask in the warm sun and read about impossible (or so it seems) sewing, embellishing, …

JA & Kent arrive and help tie down the awning in case a wind comes up. The dogs will be in the trailer, so the awning helps keep it cool. Off we go to seafood lunch & tour along the beach. On the way home we stop by the local alcohol store as I have a fancy for a G&T and …

Upon retiring to my sister’s trailer, I get to see some of her latest beading endeavours, we rehash the day’s events and laugh at some of Al’s stories from his tour in Somalia.

At 5:10 Leila gives us the word (two very quiet barks) that dinner is 10 minutes late. We are obedient dog owners and respond appropriately










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home