Pat Hardie - Altered Art Studio

Adventures with artquilts, fibres, neckties and 2 very fine flatcoat retrievers - Gypsy & Reo

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

March 9

Today we have decided to split up. Al will go the Naval Air museum in Pennsacola with Kent, my sister’s husband who has probably been there 3 times so far.
In the morning I go to Curves which is a very small outlet meaning you have to do 2.5 circuits. Back home it is only 2. I learn that the lady on duty is not a local, but comes to this area for three months. In addition to working at Curves, she does machine embroidery for hire.
My next stop is a patio furniture store which does carry Lloyd & Flanders. The sales clerk thinks they might have a Mandalay rocker at one of their stores. You may wonder why I’m looking here. To make a long story short, a shop in Brockville was to order a rocker, chair & footrest. Each time I stopped in (‘cause they never called me), I was given another story so I gave up on them. I find a metal pelican for Jacky; probably a bit too folksy. On my way back to the trailer I stop in at another store, but no rocker and no pelicans.

After lunch I pick up JA (short for Jacky Anne), and we return to look at the metal pelican. I was right – too colourful and not the right look she’s looking for. However we get directions to another store which carries original artwork. And indeed they do. I see a racku geiko, but leave him behind. A ceramic pelican is far too expensive to put outside on JA’s dock so we move on to find a tackle store. JA wants to buy some fishing line for her beading. I end up buying some too on her recommendation.

We finally head for the big outlet mall – Tangers where we store hop. I love Chico’s and drool over a gorgeous Japanese-style jacket which, in the end I don’t buy as I cannot find the corrdinating top & pants. After too many women’s wear stores, I finally settle on a pair of capris – plaid, no less, but beaucoup fun. At that point we call it a day and return to the RV resort to find that Al & Kent have just returned. Good timing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home