Pat Hardie - Altered Art Studio

Adventures with artquilts, fibres, neckties and 2 very fine flatcoat retrievers - Gypsy & Reo

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Laptop problems

Today is Tuesday and I'm laptopping you from a friend's home in Weslaco. My laptop is in Ottawa undergoing a stress test on its new motherboard. I'm told if the machine is still happy tomorrow morning they will ship it to me - 2 days guaranteed. Well I'm not so certain about the 2 days, but think I should have the machine back by Monday.
After all it's not the end of the world as we managed to travel quite successfully in the past without access to the Internet. In fact paper maps work great. Al does miss reading his Globe & Mail. And I must confess that I'm sorry to have let down my fellow travellers.
'Tis hot here in Weslaco. Wind is such that we've had to retract the awning. Dogs are living in airconidtioned splendidor while we are visiting. No pets are allowed in this park. We are presently staying at the Llana Grande, about 5 min from the Mexican border in a wonderful campsite - overflow area where manufactured homes will be put someday. The lots either side of us are empty meaning the dogs have lots of room to run, roll and chase sticks. And I have a pool, hottub etc. almost totally at my personal disposal just steps away.
Hope to post lots of pictures when the laptop has returned.
Oh yes, I can't seem to access my email for some unknown reason and I'm not inclined to troubleshoot. Replies will come, just not today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home