Pat Hardie - Altered Art Studio

Adventures with artquilts, fibres, neckties and 2 very fine flatcoat retrievers - Gypsy & Reo

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Travelog - Day 21, Feb. 21

The pool

The trunk of an Egyptian palm.




Who can identify this orange flower?




Ok the other is a cactus near the swimming pool.













Texas rose???











What can I say? It's foggy in the morning and by 11am the sun is out in a cloudless sky. I can feel the temperature rising and know I will be forced to go to the pool this afternoon. We are taking a 'day off' for which I am grateful.

Meanwhile I update the blog, Al having bought a day's wireless connection. As luck would have it Outlook Express will send emails, but not receive them. I'm tired of looking for solutions to these types of problems, so I don't. Besides it's a minor inconvenience to access the incoming on the Sympatico server. Such is life in our 'high tech world' LOL


At 12 noon I head for the local shopping centre which contains a Walmart and a HEB grocery store. At the former I manage to find one pair of shorts that fit as well as a pair of sandals. I now understand how come we saw 3 Walmarts in very close proximity 'cause this is one sad, sad store. HEB is one of the best so far. Go figure!


At 2pm I head for the pool, Al to rest his eyes in the back of the trailer. After my first dip I am quickly reminded of how chlorine sucks all moisture from your skin. I am spoiled at home at Susan & Cliff's salt water pool which is soooo nice to the skin and not 'salty' like the ocean. The water is wonderful, same temperature I think as when we put the docks in at at the cottage in the spring.

I retire to a lounge chair and start trying to secure the embroidery on a very inexpensive Mexican dress I bought. I love the embroidery, but it is a bit loose and will get pulled very easily. I have already secured the start & stop of each embroidery thread, too many too count.


Earlier today friend, Mary, caused me to learn that I can update my blog via email. This method means I can organize text & pictures together and then upload all in one go. I'll try anything once. Guess what!!!!! it doesn't work - text only it seems, same as uploading a Word file, place markers for pictures which are not displayed. Too bad!


Plan for the rest of our stay here: the Lexington, the aquarium and a drive along Padre Island. Temperatures and distance times will determine the order of events as we must always consider our loyal, 4-footed friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home