Pat Hardie - Altered Art Studio

Adventures with artquilts, fibres, neckties and 2 very fine flatcoat retrievers - Gypsy & Reo

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Last day in Destin

Abandoned housing awaiting final destruction.

Some sort of berries - last two, that intrigued me.


Me in front of the camper wearing the wonderful jean jacket (now officially complete) with Japanese applique, the fixings for which were sent to me by my friend, Annie, in California.
Remainder of a sand castle construction. The bubbling in the water appeared to be coming from underground.


Sea oats in the sand; they are actively planted to help control the erosion and protect sand dunes.
I just checked the 'layout' re: text and pictures and for the most part they coincide. Lucky, so I am not going to try to have the following text appear at the top.
Haven't posted in the last few days since the sights were unremarkable. Destin has gorgeous beaches & water (called the Emerald Coast), but I find them boring to walk as there is very little stuff brought in by the tide which is probably why they are so popular. Water temp is much like our cottage in the spring. I would describe this place as a shopping mecca, but since I'm not really a shopper, it hasn't the appeal of other places we've visited thus far. That's not to say that I/we haven't shopped. Goodwill purchases: a gorgeous black beaded & sequined evening top, a size 2XX jean jumper (now in pieces) and a neat pair of pants with beadwork, but by the time I finished removing the hems, stitch by stitch, I then had to repair the damage of dropped beads. All done now and ready to be made into a tote with denim lining. Al wants to go look at the Kitchenaid mixer appliance we saw yesterday - all gorgeous colours, refurbished but still gleaming. I need some bleach to soak the sponges I found at Alligator Point as the aroma is ripening nicely behind the trailer.
Tomorrow we push off for Stephen Foster state park in Georgia, west entrance to the Okefeenokee wildlife refuge.
Oh yes, just so you aren't too jealous about being in winter, the temperature the last two days has been a wee bit cold - high 40's, requiring the duvet for sleeping and use of the electric heater in the evenings. And gas prices are funning $3.15 a gallon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home