Pat Hardie - Altered Art Studio

Adventures with artquilts, fibres, neckties and 2 very fine flatcoat retrievers - Gypsy & Reo

Friday, February 23, 2007

Travelog - Day 22, Feb. 22

Corpus Christi beaches as seen from the Lexington.



Check the link to the mapquest map to see where we are. The Lexington is denoted by a red star. We are close to the #358 label and the highway to South Padre Island





When we arrived to see the ship it was too foggy to take a picture, so I refer you to this site to learn more about the ship's history.
http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/ships/carriers/histories/cv16-lexington/cv16-lexington.html http://www.usslexington.com/ will tell you about the tour.


Knot sampler, framed & hanging inside


Interior corridor


























Firefighter boat practicing as seen from the Lex.



I'm hoping my friend, Dawn, will be able to identify these flowers which are currently blooming in our RV park.













On our way to Mustang Island (which is no longer an island but part of Padre Island) I spotted this restaurant and had to take a picture for my son, Colin. Several pelicans were flying overhead and then I realized that a great feeding frenzy was happening. One of the cooks was feeding these fellows. You see here the two types of pelicans - white and brown. I can distinguish the male & female brown, but not so in the white.






































Finally a picture of Gypsy on the beach. In the afternoon we drove the circuit around Corpus Christi Bay (check the mapquest map), stopping at 2 beaches and then finally in Aransas Port where we bought some freshly steamed & spicy shrimp and 2 'real' crab cakes.












1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings on a windy day, -6, sun , blowing snow. Do you think I have scared off your readers with my comments? Hope others write you also. I enjoyed seeing your route on the mapquest. Yesterday I purchased Jackson's printer for his birthday today. Apparently the sale ended the day before and I paid more, but not at Bestbuy where they continued to tell me the sale price on the phone. Jackson has gone skiing today with Joe and then a tubing party tomorrow, back to the house for pizza and ping pong. He is a busy fellow! I got myself a text and Cd for learning Italian. Also I am arranging for Joe's brother-in-law to talk to me once a week. He is the best linguist in the family. Bob and I spent another day looking at counter tops and we are almost there in the decision making. He will attempt to have his son Rob install it but I am not sure Rob will take the job with family. I do the readings on Sunday in church so am practising that also. I need to start my income tax in case we go away mid March. It takes me about 3 days of hard work to complete it. I am quite envious of you two walking the beaches, enjoying the flowers and sunshine, I should be there. All for now, Love, Mary

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home