Pat Hardie - Altered Art Studio

Adventures with artquilts, fibres, neckties and 2 very fine flatcoat retrievers - Gypsy & Reo

Monday, November 08, 2010

the vines finally bloom

One of the great joys of my garden this year has been the vine arrangement at the front of the house. These two vines whose names escape me at the moment, have been over-wintered for at least 4 years. My efforts were finally rewarded with a spectacular profusion of blooms all summer. Lastly I'd like to show you the finished rock garden, the last big project of the season, & that borders the septic field. Previously this area was almost totally overgrown. I set Steve to the task of removing the rocks, digging out the weeds and giving the soil a good rototilling. Then I planted rocks. I'll consider what plants to add here and in the 'rockery' to the left over the winter.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home