Pat Hardie - Altered Art Studio

Adventures with artquilts, fibres, neckties and 2 very fine flatcoat retrievers - Gypsy & Reo

Sunday, November 07, 2010

my next journey

It's been such a long time since I even considered posting to my blog, started mainly as a way for friends to follow vicariously along on our adventures. These stopped last winter when my husband declared he had no wish to be dragging a 27' trailer down to the States or anywhere else for that matter despite my willingness to help drive. The trailer is now history as we sold it in early spring. Then in May a bleeding ulcer hospitalized my husband for 4 days, not normally such a big deal but for some reason it has lead to other serious health concerns. He's now somewhat stabilized and has changed GP's (now that's a story and a half), so there is nothing more I can do.

As if that weren't enough, about 3 weeks ago I managed to drive a very large spike through my right foot, thankfully missing any bone, but leaving me on crutches for 4-5days.

Throughout all of this, I considered cancelling a trip to Rajasthan, India, one I had booked quite some time ago. The good news is that I leave on Nov.11th. I go by bus to Montreal where I board an Air France flight (on the advice of son & DIL), stopping in Paris and then on to Delhi. I arrive at a terrible hour - almost midnight so won't see my bed until at least 2 in the morning. The tour company has arranged for the hotel to pick me up - thank goodness since wrestling over who has control over my luggage (local tout or me) is not a pleasant thought.

At the last minute I decided to buy a netbook computer to take with me. Very time consuming as I spent 6 hours of researching (in the end didn't get my choice but I did get an exceptionally good buy but reduced battery time), half day into Ottawa to buy, too many hours getting email set up, bookmarks, un-installing the crap these things come with... Hopefully hauling 2.7 lbs in my back pack will allow me to stay in touch with husband in case something arises. An added bonus will be that I might be able to 'blog' about the trip. No promises, mind, as who knows what wireless Internet services will be available.

If time allows between now and my departure, I shall post pictures of my summer's work - landscaping at the house. This was my 'art' work for the summer as I worked with Steve (my much appreciated and fun 'hired' hand) to build a new staircase to the back deck and re-designing some much over grown flower beds. And if you're lucky I'll post pictures as well of the latest addition to our household - a puppy named Oreo (she is such a cookie), or 'Reo for short. And I shall also go on record as having declared that the last thing we needed in this household was a puppy to look after. This 'little one' now weighs over 30lbs almost half the weight of a mature female flat coated retriever of 65 lbs. Our other FC, Leila who died suddenly in January was super-sized at a whoppin' 75lbs, larger and heavier than most males. And maybe I shall tell you a little about Gypsy's response to having become an only dog, then in June have to learn how to share her owners with this little one.

So I'll email folks about the ressurection of the blog. Hope you'll have time and the inclination to follow along with me in India. Talk to you later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luciegirl said...

I can't wait to read about your trip! Have an amazing time. Take good care of yourself and enjoy!
Elizabeth

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home