Pat Hardie - Altered Art Studio

Adventures with artquilts, fibres, neckties and 2 very fine flatcoat retrievers - Gypsy & Reo

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sound Wave - a line exercise







This piece was started in Pamela Allen's workshop this summer at Algonquin College, Ottawa, Ontario. She gave each of us a piece of fabric and were told to complete the pattern. The fabric piece could not be cut and I believe it was to be no more than 1/3 of the final piece.
The piece given to me looked more like a fish skeleton. Can you find it? I began happily building around it only to discover that I was telling a story and not building upon an already established pattern. This is my second attempt which happened rather quickly for me as I spend way too much time cogitating in most instances. It was displayed on the wall during our critique session and basically was a finished composition. BTW - all fabrics are recyled, the binding is a gorgeous, pure wool from a woman's skirt.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Very cool ... and it really does remind me of a "sound wave". Verrrry nice!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home