Pat Hardie - Altered Art Studio

Adventures with artquilts, fibres, neckties and 2 very fine flatcoat retrievers - Gypsy & Reo

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Freeform knitting/crochet


After all the disasters I thought you might like to hear about my next experiment - 'scrumbling' aka freeform knitting/crochet. To see some wonderful examples of this artform, go to http://yarnoverpullthrough.typepad.com/yarn_over_pull_through/free_form_crochet/

I can't imagine a better way to use up all the leftovers from knitting/crochet projects. Only I don't knit. Well, OK I do but never seem to finish whatever I start. So I too have some yarn, in fact a goodly quantity and especially since I bought 4 garbage bags full at the Salvation Army last fall. This is mostly mohair and not the easiest stuff to work with particularly if you're not very adept like me. Anyway, I followed the instructions for a few fragments as given in Jenny Dowde's Freeform Knitting and Crochet. Aside: Yes I know it does seem a bit odd that I bought a book on how to not follow patterns.

Last night I spent several hours stiching the bits together. That was easy, but then one has to take care of all the ends from changing yarns so often. Now that's a pain. But now the question is - what to do with this piece? I could use some suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home