Pat Hardie - Altered Art Studio

Adventures with artquilts, fibres, neckties and 2 very fine flatcoat retrievers - Gypsy & Reo

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Seaside Hotels











Here's another piece that I just recently finished although it was started quite some time ago; the inspiration dates even longer ago than that.

I was playing with my serger and a bucket of scraps. In particular I was exposing the wrong side of the seam and stitching for effect. After a bit the manufactured fabric began to look like very tall buildings. The next image that popped into my mind was one of our travelling along the Gulf coast with me trying to catch a glimpse of the ocean. Only from time to time was that possible due to the number of buildings along the shore and that blocked the view.

It's obvious that the viewer in this case is not in a car, but perhaps in one of those cruise ships moored off-shore. Perhaps this is what they might see from their deck-side chair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home