Pat Hardie - Altered Art Studio

Adventures with artquilts, fibres, neckties and 2 very fine flatcoat retrievers - Gypsy & Reo

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Hunting Island Lighthouse












Tuesday, March-04-08
6:30am – Al is out on the beach with the dogs. They return very soggy and wet. I don’t arise until 8:30 whereupon Al falls asleep on the sofa.
10:20 am First stop of the day is the island’s lighthouse which I scale – all 175 steps taking pictures up and down the spiral staircase (don’t they look like eyes?) and finally at the top where, if you look closely at the picture, Al and dogs are visible in the shot. We take a quick peak at the beach and decide to return since we will be here for 3 more days. We head off to Lady’s Island in search of a laundromat – past the Publix (groceries) on the right, the Shell station on the left and in a very small mall, voila. While Al does the laundry I stroll through the antique mall, but not for long as I am hastened out to reply to emails. Al has managed to connect to Linksys, an unsecured wireless network. I, of course, am suitably diverted and answer emails while consuming the lunch Al has prepared. He has put the carrots in a ziplock bag along with some dill pickles – a new combo for the carrots at least.
On our way back to the campsite I request that we stop at several shops selling what I hope to be local stuff. Not so! I find some rather pretty Christmas tree decorations, enammeled fish, etc. Unfortunately all is made in China.
At the campsite Al is anxious to plan and book the remainder of our trip, so I get to walk the beach. Pictures are included. In the end yet another big storm has been downgraded. How do I know that? Of course we have the antenna for the TV which produces beaucoup snow on the screen. However, we are now well familiar with what to do when severe weather warnings occur.
My fascination with the spiral staircase? If you look carefully you might imagine an eye where the railing represents eye lashes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home