Pat Hardie - Altered Art Studio

Adventures with artquilts, fibres, neckties and 2 very fine flatcoat retrievers - Gypsy & Reo

Monday, March 10, 2008

Brookgreen Gardens


























































































































































Sunday, March-09-08

No disasters today – at least before breakfast. It is rather chilly. Electric heater is working its little heart out while I am buried underneath an afghan and a feather duvet. Just my nose is a little cold.
I take the dogs for a walk on the beach. Lots & lots of people cause me concern about letting the dogs loose, but I do so anyway. A glorious walk; no one is afraid or apparently concerned about these crazy flatcoats racing into the water to capture waves or … Chatted amicably with a couple from Charlestown and then two young South Africans who are attending university here.
Daylight savings has us an hour later, but we manage to arrive at Brookgreen Gardens round about noon. That’s after visiting the Latte Internet café where we do the honourable thing – go inside, purchase cappuccino’s and settle in to send/receive mail and read the Globe & Mail.
At the garden I vote for the statuary garden as it is a rare occasion that I get to see so much outdoors. It is a wonderful garden – acres of it and far too much to really do it justice in one 4 hr. session. We concentrate on the sculptures. I do really, really like Anna Huntington’s rendition of Don Quioxte, but not so much her other work. The acres of garden is ‘littered’ with all manner of sculptures by accomplished artists.
We return to the trailer and not long after Al is sailing out to greet – what else, another flatcoat owner from Penn state. Ridley is a lovely 2 yr old, still intact, male. Leila likes him Al is now lecturing me on procedures for tomorrow – winterizing the trailer etc. I volunteered to go and get the dessert (it’s his birthday! and a milestone one too), but no, it seems my presence is required.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home